Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Insider Trading

I know I shouldn't be using this term so loosely given the profession I am in. However, the fact of the matter is that I am doing insider trading these days, or at least it feels like that. Let me elaborate.

A couple of months back, I was contacted by the guy who recruited me in the bank. He wanted to know about my area of business. I explained. And he listened intently. With time the questions grew more focussed, more probing. I sensed a bigger play. I asked. He responded. He would be the global head of my business in a month's time. And as he had told, the top management was selectively taken out. And the bank paved way for his entry.

What that has come to mean for me is that I am party to information and discussions that are meant for several levels above me. While I revel in the power and bask in its glory, with power comes responsibility. To not share with anyone. This is a unique experience. For I am not normally known for keeping secrets. So there. I am an insider now. And learning how to deal with it. Guess this anonymous blog is a perfect outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment